The best free URL shortener for Instagram is the Flipmsg URL shortener, which allows you to get complete insights about your link visitors, enables you to save your links, create custom names for your links and include special characters. you can also monetize your traffic by dropping affiliate cookies on your short link visitors and build an online affiliate business. It’s a great choice for Instagram.
Before we continue you must know ahead what is allowed on Instagram and what is not
Types of links you are not allowed to post on Instagram:
(Don’t put your Instagram account at risk)
- Links from Instagram competitor - Snapchat
- Links from Instagram competitor - Telegram
- Multiple Redirections - don’t link to a page that redirects to another page, and then also redirects to another page. (this will get you banned from Instagram pretty quickly)
- Duplicate Mass links - links that are being shared a lot of times on different Instagram pages/accounts.
- Sites with explicit content that is not suitable for children or users below 18.
- Spam and Scam sites
- New websites that are recently registered can get you banned also. And the website domain will also be banned, especially if the site is not indexed in google yet..
What you are allowed to link to on Instagram:
This is the recommended usage
(in order to protect your account)
- Your own website - you can link to your own website, with your products and services
- Your wordpress blog
- Your medium.com article
- Poll or Survey pages
- Contest or giveaway pages
- Opt-in pages
- Video or Youtube Pages
- You can link to your coupons
#1 FREE Instagram URL shortener
(Flipmsg URL shortener)
Destination link: The #1 (FREE) Alternative to Bit.ly, Goo.gl and TinyURL
For all around best URL shortener, Flipmsg allows you to create unlimited amounts of short links, you can create a short link and view stats without opening an account.
Alternatively, if you want to manage unlimited amounts of short links, you can open a free flipmsg account.
You can delete your link at any time, and you can use special characters inside your custom names that will allow you to create powerful calls to actions.
Flipmsg also allows you to monetize your traffic , by dropping affiliate cookies on your link visitors, or locking your short link destination, so users must open an account to continue to their destination.
If a user you dropped affiliate cookie on, or a user who is trying to unlock the link destination, opens a free flipmsg account, he will automatically join your online affiliate business , as a new referral/lead.
The more referrals/leads you have in your online business, the more potential to earn each month from affiliate commissions.
You earn up to 50% affiliate commissions, from Pro/Business account upgrade, ad credits (advertising), and coins for content creators.
- To prevent Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to block the Flipmsg short links we are creating a mediator page, before we are redirecting a user to the destination.
- Free to use
- You can create short links and view stats without opening an account.
- HTTPS secure connection
- Fast redirects
- You can create custom names with special characters (on other URL shortener allows that), which allows you to create powerful call to actions
- You can manage your links easily from one place (by opening a free flipmsg account)
- You can view visually where your visitors are coming from with a world chart
- You can see referring domains
- You can see direct/email traffic
- You have segmentation of the traffic to tiers
- You have a traffic quality score
- You can see how many affiliate cookies you have dropped on your link visitors
- You can monetize your traffic with affiliate cookies, or by locking your link, so every time a user opens a free flipmsg account he will automatically join your online affiliate business as a new referral/lead.
- You earn monthly recurring affiliate commissions for your referrals/leads.
- No customized brand domains
- No QR codes
- Many of family of tools are not available yet
- Many of the full features are not available yet
#2 FREE Instagram URL shortener
Destination link: TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
tinyURL is great if you don’t need to create many links and save them for later, if you just want to quickly generate an anonymous short link, with a custom name, and you don’t need any stats or analytics, tinyURL is a good choice.
Users trust it, and it’s very easy and straightforward to use.
- Free to use
- HTTPs secure short links
- No need to open an account
- Create links on the fly
- Users trust it, so you get good CTR
- Very basic, no additional functionality
- No analytics or stats, you can't see email/direct traffic, referring domains or geo location of your visitors.
- No way to monetize your traffic , no CPM and no Online Business/Affiliate cookies
#3 FREE Instagram URL shortener
Destination link: Bitly | Custom URL Shortener, Link Management & Branded Links
Bitly is one of the oldest and most reliable URL shorteners out there, you can easily create a link, it has good analytics/stats, so overall it’s a very good choice, but it seems the links are probably banned in most social networks due to abuse.
But you can still try it on instagram.
- Free to use
- Unlimited short links and clicks
- HTTPS secure connection
- See geo-location of your visitors
- See referring domains
- See direct/email traffic
- Save links for later
- Manage all links from one place
- Create custom slug to the back end of your link
- View link history
- You can get a custom domain if you upgrade
- You must open an account to create short links and view stats
- You can not delete your links
- You can not see segmentation by device
- You don’t have segmentation to tiers
- You do not have quality score
- You don’t have a way to monetize your traffic like CPM or affiliate cookies.
#4 FREE Instagram URL shortener
Destination link: Rebrandly | Custom URL Shortener, Branded Link Management, API
Rebrandly is the best tool for creating custom domain links, this allows you to create links that match your brand name. Also they look less spammy. Because not everyone is using the domain name in their links.
It also creates brand awareness and may improve CTR.
- Get up to 5 custom domains with the free plan
- Get stats and analytics, see geo-location and referring domains
- Create up to 500 short links for free
- All links are HTTPS secured
- Create custom short links names
- Change destination of the URL after link creation
- Delete your links anytime
- You can track only 5,000 clicks per month with the free plan
- You can create only 500 links
- You must open an account to create links
- You can not monetize your traffic, not with CPM and not with affiliate cookies
- There is no traffic quality score
- There is no segmentation to traffic tiers
#5 FREE Instagram URL shortener
Destination link: URL Shortener - url shortening service gg.gg
gg.gg is a simple but good URL shortener that allows you to create short links quickly and easily, it works like tinyURL, no need to open an account, just enter your long URL and turn it into a short URL.
- Free and easy to use
- Create anonymous short link on the fly
- No need to open an account to create links
- Create unlimited short links
- Generate QR Codes for your links
- No HTTPS protocol
- No stats or analytics
- You can not see geo location, you can not see referring domains, and you can not see direct/email traffic
- You don’t have segmentation to country tiers
- You don’t have quality score for your traffic
- You can’t save links for later
- You don’t have link history
- There is no way to monetize your traffic
#6 FREE Instagram URL shortener
Destination link: Tiny URL | Free Short URL Redirects with Tinycc
Tiny.cc is another simple URL shortener you can use for Instagram bio link, it’s very similar to tinyURL and gg.gg, it allows you to create short links on the fly without opening an account, and it even allows you to track clicks.
- Free to use and don’t need to open an account
- Track clicks
- Generate short links for free and without opening an account
- Create QR codes for your short links
- Secure HTTPS links
- Custom names for your short links
- You can’t manage many links in one place
- The analytics/stats are very basic, you track only clicks
- You don’t see referring domains, email/direct traffic, geo-location of your visitors
- You don’t have country tiers segmentation
- You don’t have traffic quality score
- You don’t have visual charts
- There is no way to monetize your traffic
#7 FREE Instagram URL shortener
Destination link: Linkly | Tracking Links & Custom URL Shortener
Linklyhq is URL shortener you can use for FREE, it also has a paid version like bitly, but you get pretty awesome stuff with the free version as well.
- Has a free version
- Can track up to 1,000 clicks per month with the free plan
- Unlimited reports
- Unlimited users
- Discounts for non-profits organizations (paid version)
- You must open an account and verify it in order to play
- You don’t have a way to monetize your traffic
- You are limited to only 1,000 clicks per month
You don’t have segmentation to tiers or a traffic quality score
This Article is About:
- What is allowed and not allowed to post in Instagram bio link
- The best free link shortener for Instagram profile
- How to create a shortened link for the Instagram bio
- An Alternative to the Youtube Instagram URL shortener
- The best free shortener for Facebook
- How to create a URL shortener Custom name
- An alternative to tinyURL
- An alternative to bitly
- An alternative to google URL shortener