Do you get a blank screen in the Facebook Marketplace?
Don’t panic, we have 6 different solutions that can help you solve this problem.
We have compiled the best solutions for you
Many users reported these solutions to be effective in fixing the problem:
- Solution 1 - Update your Facebook App, Messenger and Mobile Phone
- Solution 2 - Make sure your Account is not new, and create some activity
- Solution 3 - Make sure your location is set to the right country, and you are 18 years old, also make sure the language is matching the country.
- Solution 4 - Clear browser and mobile device cache
- Solution 5 - Download your personal data in order to reset your account.
- Solution 6 - Disable browser extensions that can block the webpage content.
Continue reading to learn more about each solution
Solution 1 - Update your Facebook App, Messenger and Mobile Phone
Steps to fix Facebook Marketplace blank screen with updates:
- Update your mobile phone, this will automatically give you the latest app version.
- Or go to the App Store or Google Play Store
- Search for the Facebook App
- Update the ‘Facebook app’, and don’t forget to update ‘Messenger’ also.
- Restart your mobile phone , and restart your Facebook app.
In most cases this will solve the problem, but if the problem persists, please continue on to the next solution.
Solution 2 - Make sure your Account is not New
If you have a new account with little or no activity, or a throw away account for different purposes, this can be a big issue.
This is one of the reasons why users don’t have access to the Facebook Marketplace.
If you have a new account, you must create enough activity in your account in order to activate the marketplace.
The following methods have shown to work:
- Invite some friends, and start a conversation with them
- Join some groups, especially local groups.
Message users inside the group, create some posts and comment on other people’s posts.
Facebook is trying to decrease spam on a large scale, so they created some kind of a ranking system for accounts.
You need to get to a certain score in order for the marketplace to be visible for you.
This is one of the aspects that is hard to solve
Need another solution? Continue on...
Solution 3 - Make sure your location is set to the right country , you are 18 years old, and the language is matching the country.
Facebook Marketplace is not available for all countries, if your IP shows that you're from a certain country that is not the United States. Facebook will not give you access to the US Marketplace.
You should also make sure your age is set to 18 years or older
Marketplace is available to people that are 18 or older in the following countries:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States and Uruguay.
Also make sure the language is matching the right marketplace, so if you want to access the german Marketplace you should set your language to german and your IP should be a german IP address.
If you want to access the US marketplace you must set the language of your account to english.
Make sure to set the language of the app and the language of the mobile device to the right language.
These are very important issues that you should take into consideration.
Solution 4 - Clear Browser and Mobile Device Cache
Steps for clearing the cache in your browser:
- Open Chrome
- Click CTRL + Shift + Delete at the same time
- Check the ‘Cookies and other site data’ checkbox
- Check the ‘Cached images and files’ checkbox
- Click on ‘Clear Data’ button
Steps to clear your cache on your mobile device:
- Open your mobile device
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Go to the ‘Application Manager’
- Search for ‘Facebook App’
- When you find ‘Facebook’ , click on ‘Clear Cache’
- Restart your Mobile device and your Facebook App
- You will need to re enter your login information like a username and password because they were deleted, so make sure you write them down.
Solution 5 - Download your personal data
There is a sneaky method you can use to reboot your facebook account/profile that may help you restore the marketplace or the marketplace icon in your account.
This solution was reported to help in restoring both the Facebook marketplace and the marketplace icon on android.
First , you will need to visit the mobile version of Facebook from your desktop.
In your browser type in: m.facebook.com. This will take you to the mobile version of facebook.
Don’t be freaked out because of the layout, it was built specifically for the mobile user experience.
Because of that , everything will be disproportionated.
Click on the ‘Menu’, on the top right side.
Scroll down and click on ‘Settings’
Scroll down again, and click on ‘Download your Information’
When you download your information to a file , it will also reset your profile, which means it can restore the marketplace or the marketplace icon for your account.
Solution 6 - Disable software that can block the webpage content
If there is something that is blocking the web page it’s probably web based and not desktop based, which means it’s probably a browser extension.
Disable any extension that is related to Ad or Content Filtering.
Adblocker was reported to turn the Facebook Marketplace screen to blank white.
There are many possible reasons why you can get a blank screen on the Facebook marketplace, you should troubleshoot each of the solutions above and see what works for you.
- Facebook Marketplace
- Youtube - Facebook White Screen of Death: How I Fixed It
- Youtube - Facebook White Screen Of Death - the solution that worked for me