Steps to the Get Facebook Marketplace Icon On Android
- Update your app on your mobile device - update to version 4.0 or higher, then the marketplace icon should appear.
- Clear your cache - enter to your mobile device, enter to ‘applications’ or ‘applications manager’ and search for ‘Facebook’, then click on ‘clear all’, restart your mobile device, restart and app and re login to your app with your username and password.
- Check the status of your account - if your account is new you need to create enough interactions with your friends, and wait a few weeks for the icon to appear.
- Enter directly - type in the URL of the Facebook Marketplace
Facebook's growth has been exponential. Facebook is fully adapted to the dynamics of increasing commercial activity among users and has developed its Marketplace, which allows you to sell products or buy, between users whether they are friends of yours or not.
This Feature is currently accessible on the Facebook app to people over 18 in the US, Uk, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Norway, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Mexico, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, New Zealand, Canada, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland.
Many of the products published on this social network are sold rapidly and quickly, and that's because of the obvious fact that today everybody has a Facebook account.
But obviously, despite having many benefits, like any other application Facebook Marketplace has some problems every so often and stops from working correctly or getting errors.
Many people are complaining that the app icon does not appear, which prevents them from using it.
Today we will discuss this problem in more detail and offer some solutions for you to try and solve it.
Let’s talk about solutions here.
Solution 1: Update the App on your mobile device
First of all, you have to update the Facebook app to the latest version available. Updating usually solves this type of problem.
However, there is always a user who has not updated his app , or who lives in a country where the update is not available yet.
As for this time of (july 2020) writing we know that update 4.0 or higher is required.
Enter your mobile device, then go to the App Play Store , type in ‘Facebook’, and then click on ‘Update’.
After you updated your app, you should see the ‘Facebook Marketplace Icon’ appear.
If it’s still not visible, please continue on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Clear your Cache
Steps to clear your cache on your mobile device:
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your mobile device.
- Then go to ‘Applications’ or ‘Application Manager’, it varies on the Android device type and version.
- Next, you have to go to where it says ‘All’ and then ‘search for Facebook’.
- One you find facebook, click on ‘clear cache’, this will clear all cache and data.
- Restart your mobile device
- Restart the Facebook app
- Because you cleared all app data you need to relog again with the username and password.
The Marketplace icon should be visible.
If the Marketplace icon does not appear, please continue to the next step.
Solution 3: Check the status of your account
To prevent fraud, Facebook ensures that new accounts are not enabled with the option to access the MarketPlace.
The account must be used for a certain period of time (not detailed), and the user needs to create sufficient interaction with the app for it to appear.
If your account has few friends or has been open for a short time, you know the problem.
In this case, you need to interact with other people, complete the Facebook verification process, and add more details to your profile to get them to activate the Marketplace icon for you.
If all of the above solutions don’t work for you, try to enter the Facebook marketplace directly.
Solution 4: Enter directly
If the Marketplace icon does not come out, you may be able to access it by entering it directly. Click here to enter the Facebook MarketPlace.