The Background Story
Tiktok has partnered with shopify to create the next generation of social ads, users will be able to shop on shopify directly through tiktok ads.
Most people do not like ads being shown to them, but… targeted ads that are highly relevant to the user can enhance the user experience and make their life easier and better.
Your address and personal details are already on tiktok, one click purchase via ads on shopify will be possible.
It’s great both for advertisers and users alike, Youtube is also trying to integrate shops into its platform.
This big move will help both shopify and tiktok in growing their business even farther. This is a major collaboration between the two.
This can be a great threat to amazon, users are already on social media, and the tiktok video experience combined with shopify products can prove a very effective strategy from shopify against a giant like amazon in the E-commerce space.
This is also good for tiktok, this will allow it to compete more successfully against its main rivals, facebook ads and youtube ads with its new unique features.
With this move tiktok steals market share in advertising from facebook ads, pinterest ads and youtube ads.
Merchants that use shopify usually use facebook ads, pinterest or youtube to promote their products, but now with one click purchase directly from the ad, most advertisers will probably prefer to use tiktok over facebook, pinterest or youtube ads.
The Ad Tools
The tiktok ad tools allows merchants to create native shareable content in the form of video ads.
Merchants are able to turn their products into in-feed video ads.
Merchants are able to target users by geography , gender, age, user behavior and interest.
They are also able to track the campaign performance on the platform.
The merchant doesn’t even need to create the video for the ad.
The ad tools can do the heavy lifting for the seller, all he needs to do is to provide a simple image of the product.
Then, the tool will automatically create a simple video ad for the product.
With one simple click the user will be able to shop the product on shopify.
How to Start with Tiktok Shops (Start Selling)
The best way to start with tiktok shops is by signing up for a new tiktok shop here.
In addition you can learn all about the new platform with the built-in tiktok shop academy.
The tiktok academy gives you all the information you need, step by step with short and easy to digest video tutorials.
You can also get full information with detailed articles.
The academy will have all the information you need to start and grow your business.
Key Steps for opening a seller account:
- The Seller needs to sign up as an individual or corporate merchant.
- The Seller needs to send identification documents, and only then the account verification process will be initiated.
- The business scope and validity period must be aligned with the information provided in the documents.
- All documents provided must be valid and not expired.
- Create clear copies of your documents for sending.
- Create a shop name and shop logo, use a shop name that is unique, easy to remember and accurately represents your business.
Important Tip - to prevent rejection, please make sure the representative name provided is identical to the name that is shown in the identification documents you send.
Products and Services that you cannot sell on Tiktok Shops
One of the most critical policies for selling on tiktok shops is listing the right products,
You are not allowed to sell the following types of products and services:
- Medicines and Medicine Devices
- Political Products
- Automotive and Automotive Parts
- Second Hand products
- Alcohol products
- Tobacco and E-Cigarettes
- Food that requires Storage conditions
- Weight loss products and supplements
- Research chemicals
- Books and Educational Material
- Hazardous and Dangerous items
- Firearms , weapons and ammunition
- Animals, pets, animal parts, protected wildlife
- Illegal drugs
- Offensive and Discriminatory products
- Adult products & services
- Adult content
- Human body parts and remains
- Coins & cash
- Gift cards
- Financial products
- Security and Privacy products
- Government and military items
- Products that encourage illegal activity
- Products that encourage dishonest behavior.
Some products may need to be approved before you can sell them:
- Watches and Accessories
- Mother and baby products
- Beauty and personal care products
- Pre packaged food (including survival food)
With the above types of products the seller will need to provide the appropriate documentation, this may include:
- Proof of authenticity
- Safety and Compliance documents
- Testing reports
For more information about restricted products and services on tiktok shops please visit: TikTok Shop Seller University - Restricted Products
Adding New Product
After you have verified your account, and read the restricted product policy, you are now ready to list your first product.
- You need to create a description for your product
- And you need to make sure your product name is accurate
Add additional information about your product, like product weight and dimensions (in cm), also add warranty details.
Upload some images for your products (up to 9 images), you can also add some videos.
You may include the brand name for the product, only if it’s your own brand, or if you have authorization to use the brand name in your listing from the brand owner.
Make sure you select the right category for the product, choosing the wrong category is a violation of the tiktok product listing policy.
For more information and video tutorials, visit the tiktok shop academy.