Downloading Facebook videos is as easy as downloading Youtube videos, although facebook is the biggest social media platform, there is still no built-in option available for downloading videos directly from the platform.
If you want to download a video from facebook on the following devices:
- Android smartphone
You have come to the right place.
The best way to download Facebook and Youtube Videos and convert them to MP4 is to use the following services.
For step by step instructions click on the post (with images)
- FBdown.net (Facebook - Desktop)
- FBdownloader.io (Facebook - Mobile)
- By Click Downloader (Youtube).
- Leawo Video Downloader
- Freemake Video downloader (Youtube)
- YTD Downloader.
For step by step instructions on how to download a video from Facebook, and convert it automatically to mp4 scroll down (with images).
On Desktop (fbdown.net) - Steps by Step Instructions
- Go to facebook.com homepage
- Click on the watch tab to see all the videos
- Find a video you want to download
- Click on the ‘3 dots, on the top right of the post
Important Notice: this option may not be available on the mobile version of facebook, only on the desktop.
- Choose ‘Copy Link‘ and Copy the link provided
- Paste your link in the input box
- You will have the option to choose between low definition and high definition video (HD)
After you have clicked the download button, the download should get started in your browser.
The downloaded file is a MP4 format.
Important tip: on the top right you have the option to download the app chrome extension, this will allow you to download videos from facebook with a click on a button, without copy and pasting any links.
On the Iphone & Android (fbdownloader.io) - Step By Step Instructions
- Go to facebook.com
- Click on ‘videos’ or ‘watch’ tab
- Click on the share button
- Click on ‘more options’
- Choose ‘copy’, this will copy the link for the video
- Install firefox on your phone from the Apple app store
- Firefox allows you to download the video from the video link you have provided on your mobile device.
Firefox is a free web browser, an alternative to safari and chrome, it is safe to download and to install on your device.
- Enter the firefox browser on your mobile device
- Go to fbdownload.io using the browser address bar in your mobile browser
- Paste your facebook video link and click ‘download’
It will generate download links for different versions and resolutions of the video, for you to choose.
- Choose the quality you want and click ‘download’ again.
You have different options, HD only, SD Only, different resolutions, you also have an audio only version of the video.
Notice: The video with the highest quality is the video with the largest file size, in this case 16.65mb.
The video with the lowest quality is the smallest file size.
- After the file have been downloaded , click on ‘downloads’
- Here you will see a list with all of the downloaded videos
- Click on ‘save video’, it will save the file into the ‘photos’ folder on the iphone.
If you visit your photos folder on your iphone, you will find the video you have saved.
Important tip: you can download only videos that are public, if the videos are private or part of a private Facebook group, you won’t be able to download the video.
What software can I use on my PC or Mac to download Facebook and Youtube Videos?
Here we have a Facebook to MP4 downloader and converter, you can download and install it on your windows home computer or Mac.
You can use it to download videos from Facebook and other websites, like Youtube, Vimeo , Fox News, Linkedin and many more.
This software is called Video Download Capture.
You can download any video without any hassle, and convert the video to MP4 and other supported formats.
You can easily download the video just by copy and pasting the video URL into the software.